It’s come to my attention that despite there being a batch torrent with all of the episodes present and accounted for, there are people who still prefer DDL links in this the year of our lord 2018. I can’t blame them, since reliable seeders can be hard to come by these days. So, that being said, I’ve reuploaded the episodes and scripts that somehow got nuked by random DMCA complaints, and they can now be accessed via Mega DDL.
Still no exact ETA on V2s, but now that a personal friend of mine has told me that they’ve never watched the show, I’m filled with new resolve to finally get around to finishing them. “idk summer maybe” is about as close as I’m willing to get to a promise.
As always, thank you all for watching and putting up with us.
EDIT: as someone on twitter helpfully pointed out, I’m a dumbass and I accidentally uploaded the raws instead of the final muxed files to the episode batch folder. So it’s gonna be a hot minute before you can download those replacement episodes. I am gomen.
EDIT X2: The correct files have been uploaded to the batch, one of which I actually had to re-mux a fresh copy of because it was lost in The Great HD Crash. Download and enjoy!
Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to mourn the passing of our longtime comrade-in-arms, Nyaa. With him he took all our torrents, and the torrents of many others. As such, please consider all torrent links on this blog dated before today, 5/6/2017, to be dead. Goodnight sweet prince, may a flight of angels sing you to your sleep.
The new torrent batch of all of Magical Family Magiranger (including the movie and the Kodansha special) (no V2s yet, sorry fam) can be accessed from [here]. Please do us a solid and seed it, so that others may be subjected to our subs.
V2s are a long work in progress. They’ll get done someday. No, we haven’t been working on anything else. No, we are not magically alive again.
RE: the missing DDL links for various (completely random) episodes, someone went through and DMCA’d a bunch of the files and scripts completely at random. Unfortunately, a few of them are files and scripts that were lost without backups (we know, it was dumb) during a hard OS reinstall shortly after being uploaded. The loss went unnoticed until the DMCA takedowns. Those episodes are available in the new batch torrent, so if you’re able to, please seed!
RIP in Pizza.
In this very special summer movie an angry zombie made of knives and ghosts kidnaps Kai’s girlfriend, some unfortunate fashion choices are made, Wolzard shows up just to say his catchphrase and introduce himself to someone who already knows who he is, and you get introduced to The Great Holy Saint Magiel, who is absolutely not the Witch Bandora or Queen Hedrian.
The movie is supposed to fit into the show at about Stage 26, so we recommend giving it a watch before you move on to the final batch of episodes. But you’re a free spirit, you don’t have to listen to us.
Script is timed to Bunny Hat’s raw, just like everything else we’ve done.
36. Executing Divine Punishment Maagi Gol Gojika [DDL] [SCRIPT]
37. Sniping Gol Maagi [DDL] [SCRIPT]
38. The Promise With Makito Goo Magiiro [DDL] [SCRIPT]
39. Flip-Flopped Siblings Majuna Jiruma [DDL] [SCRIPT]
40. Garden of the Nagini Magiine Luludo [DDL] [SCRIPT]
41. My Teacher’s Teacher Gool Gol Majulu [DDL] [SCRIPT]
42. Showdown! The Two Brutal Gods! Gool Luuma Gol Gonga [DDL] [SCRIPT]
43. The Garden of Thorns! Magi Magi Gojika [DDL] [SCRIPT]
44. Mom’s Scent Jiruma Jiruma Gonga [DDL] [SCRIPT]
45. They Are Friends Jii Gol Majuna [DDL] [SCRIPT]
46. Onwards to the Lake Gool Gol Gol Goldiiro [DDL] [SCRIPT]
47. The Spell I Cast on You Luludo Goldiiro [DDL] [SCRIPT]
48. The Decisive Battle Magi Majulu Gogol Jingajin [DDL] [SCRIPT]
49. Returning to Legend Maagi Magi Magend [DDL] [SCRIPT]
That’s it. That’s all of it. We’re done here folks. Delays brought to you by all ten seasons of Criminal Minds and an unfortunate downward spiral into FF7 nostalgia-induced insanity. When this post was first written E3 hadn’t even happened yet, and now that the nostalgia is justified it’s managed to get even worse.
A few notes under the cut.
Read the rest of this entry →
In this very special half-episode, a goddess that looks like Miyuki Ozu offers Kai and Hikaru two super-powered magical items to choose between, there’s a small clip show, and Kai uses the power of imagination to turn himself into his Original Character Do Not Steal.
Definitely a cute little short, if you’ve never seen it before. Give it a watch if you have a mind to.
Timed to Bunny Hat’s raw, which can be found [HERE]. The folder also includes the Go-On, Gokai, and Shinken specials.
[DDL] [SCRIPT] [TORRENT]
27. “Our bonds” Magiine Magiine [DDL] [SCRIPT]
28. “Eternally…” Jiruma Magi Magi Magiine [DDL] [SCRIPT]
29. Saying “Huh?” Again and Again Jii Magi Magiiro [DDL] [SCRIPT]
30. Legendary Power Maagi Magi Magi Magiiro [DDL] [SCRIPT]
31. The Awe-Inspiring MagiDjinn Maagi Jiruma Gol Jingajin [DDL] [SCRIPT]
32. “Dad’s words” Maagi Jiruma Gol Gojika [DDL] [SCRIPT]
33. “To Infershia!” Maagi Gol Magica [DDL] [SCRIPT]
34. The Bond of Courage Gool Gol Goldo [DDL] [SCRIPT]
35. Valley of the Gods Magi Magi Jijiru [DDL] [SCRIPT]
Torrent for Stages 27-35 [TORRENT]
Some wordswordswords about Infershia’s Gods are under the cut (a guide to who’s who and some background information on the lore behind each individual God) if you’re at all interested. Next batch will be 36-49, hopefully followed by the movies, and then a full-series batch someday when we all have time.
Read the rest of this entry →
21. Let’s go by Magical Express! Goo Goo Goldiiro [DDL] [SCRIPT]
22. A Date in Kyoto? Luuma Goldo [DDL] [SCRIPT]
23. Forbidden Magic Roeji Maneiji Magi Mamarji [DDL] [SCRIPT]
24. “As your teacher…” Gol Gol Gojika [DDL] [SCRIPT]
25. Stolen Courage! Jiruma Magi Magiiro [DDL] [SCRIPT]
26. Believe! Jiruma Jii Magica [DDL] [SCRIPT]
Torrent for all six episodes: [TORRENT]
For those of you who can’t wait until this summer to see the Ninnin vs. ToQ movie, you can probably just watch Stage 22 and call it good.
No ETA on 27-35 yet, but the current approximation is “Before Easter Weekend” because I’m staffing a convention booth that weekend. A long and probably incomprehensible (because I did not major in linguistics) bunch of words about the magic in the show is behind the cut, if anyone is interested. Started because of the UuzaPhones, got into some romanization stuff, and includes other shit like that.
Also, on the subject of Mirror Worlds: I spent the longest time going “What the hell is “Marudeyouna” a pun on, it has to be something, what am I missing” until someone pointed out that it’s a combination of “maru de” (“just like ____”) and “youna” (“similar to ____”). It was very much a case of not being able to see the forest for the trees because of how involved all the other shitty puns in the show are. I toyed with “Parallel Worlds” but it seemed a little too close a term to the Parallel Braneworlds in Go-On, despite being a different concept. Mirror Worlds encompasses the concept fairly well- weird non-parallel worlds full of crazy shit that can only be accessed by magic.
Read the rest of this entry →